ICWE2020 – Call for Tutorials
ICWE 2020 invites proposals for tutorials in a broad range of Web Engineering topics. Conference participants include researchers and practitioners who are seeking to gain insight and knowledge of up-to-date strategies, methodologies, technologies, and tools used for developing, maintaining and evolving Web applications. Examples of relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Web application development, modeling and engineering
- Web infrastructures and architectures
- Execution models, such as serverless computing
- Human computation and crowdsourcing applications
- Web application composition and mashups
- Social and Semantic Web applications
- Web of Things applications
- Big Data and data analytics
- Security, privacy, and identity on the Web
- Web standards
All proposed tutorials should be half-day (3 hours) in length. Upon special, justified request, we will however consider well-justified one-day tutorial proposals.
The length of tutorial proposals is limited to 4 pages. Proposals must clearly define both the scope and the depth of the tutorial, and they must clearly identify the intended audience, the assumed background knowledge and learning objectives. All tutorial proposals must include the following information:
- Title of the Tutorial
- Contact information of the presenters (name, affiliation, email, mailing address, phone)
- Abstract outlining the goals and content of the tutorial (max 250 words)
- Definition of intended audience and assumed background and knowledge
- Overview of the tutorial structure, list of topics covered, and short description of learning objectives/outcomes
- Biographies of presenter(s), including information regarding their expertise relevant to the tutorial
- Any relevant references to the work of the presenters or other references relevant to the tutorial
- Statement about any previous related tutorial presentations, including information regarding how the ICWE 2020 tutorial would differ
- Sample slides of the tutorial, if available
The tutorial may be cancelled if the number of registrations for them is very small.
Along with a notification of acceptance, presenters will receive further instructions on how to prepare a two-page summary of the tutorial to be included in the conference proceedings, tutorial notes to be made available on the conference website, and a brief biography to be published in the conference programme.
Tutorials papers proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file in the EasyChair system as described in the SUBMISSION INFORMATION SECTION.
- Submission deadline: Jan 26, 2020 (23h 59 Hawaii Time)
- Notification of acceptance: Feb 9, 2020 (23h 59 Hawaii Time)
- Camera Ready: March 19, 2020 (23h 59 Hawaii Time)
All submitted proposal must be formatted in accordance to the information for Springer LNCS authors at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines and submitted in PDF. Accepted contributions will be included into the ICWE 2020 Springer LNCS proceedings.
Together with the PDF, also a zipped archive with a self-contained “Web-first” version of the paper in HTML is allowed to be submitted. If accepted, the authors will need to provide Word/Latex sources following the standard Springer LNCS format for the camera read. See more instructions here.
Submissions and reviewing are supported by the EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2020
ICWE 2020 will follow the single-blind review process. Consequently, all submissions should include the names and affiliation of all authors, and this information is made visible to the reviewers. Still, the identity of the reviewers will be kept confidential from the authors.
Submitted proposals must not be under review elsewhere while under consideration for ICWE 2020.
Submissions that do not comply with the required submission format or that fall outside the scope of the conference will be desk rejected without reviewing.
Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
American International University in Bangladesh, Bangladesh